- Nov 9 - 24: Workshop production of WINK @ IRT with terraNOVA Collective, directed by Jessi D. Hill. Tickets and info
- Nov 19 and 21: Developmental workshop of untitled new play at New Georges, as part of the Audrey Residency (Collaborators Erik Pearson, Nathan Roberts.)
- Dec 5: Presentation of ROBIN at Ars Nova, with collaborator Shaina Taub
- Dec 19: Reading of AFTER THE TORNADO at Rattlestick, 7pm. A play with music in collaboration with Joe Tippett, directed by Davis McCallum.
- Feb 3: Speaking on a panel about new plays at Barnard College, 7pm.
- March 15-23: Workshop and reading of WINK at Cutting Ball Theatre, SF, as part of Risk Is This Festival.
- July: In residence at the O'Neill Playwrights Conference, developing ALL THE ROADS HOME.
- August 11 - 16: In residence at Williamstown Theatre Festival developing new work.
- September 12: Yale Drama Series Award Reading of STILL at Lincoln Center
- June 7 - 16: Production of PHOEBE IN WINTER with Clubbed Thumb, Summerworks, NYC. Dir. Mike Donahue. More info
- May 22: Teaching playwriting workshop at The McCarter as part of Youth Ink! Festival, Princeton, NJ.
- May 10 & 12: Staged reading/ showcase of SEASONS OF SALAMANDER BLUE with The Claque, 7 pm at The Tank. dir Liz Carlson
- April 27: Reading of WINK with terraNOVA (Groundbreakers Playwrights Lab.) 3 pm at the New Ohio, dir. Jessi D Hill
- April 19-21: Reading of THE DANGEROUS HOUSE OF PRETTY MBANE at InterAct Theatre, Philadelphia, as part of NNPN 15th Anniversary Playwrights Weekend
- Feb 11 - March 14: MacDowell Winter Residency
- Feb 9: PHOEBE IN WINTER showcase reading with The Inkwell, at Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company, DC
- Feb 4-8: PHOEBE IN WINTER Superlab Workshop with Playwrights Horizons / Clubbed Thumb, dir. Adrienne Campbell-Holt
- Jan 22: Reading of ALL THE ROADS HOME with Playwrights Realm: Next Edition Festival, director Adam Greenfield. Time: 7 pm. Free and open to public.
- Dec 15: Performance of 10-minute play JACK as part of terraNOVA Collective Benefit.
- Dec 11: Reading of SEASONS OF SALAMANDER BLUE, director Tamara Fisch. NYC. Email for info.
- Dec 2: Reading of HOUSE OF, Space on White, director Dana Dobreva. NYC. Email for info.
- Nov 1-25: Production of IN THE DAYS THAT FOLLOW (one-act) at Golden Thread's ReOrient Festival, Noh Space, SF. Directed by Christine Young.
- Nov 8: Reading of ALL THE ROADS HOME at Abingdon Theatre, directed by Adam Greenfield. Thursday, 2pm, free and open to public.
- Nov 2-11: Production of commissioned piece BONES AT THE GATE: AN ANTIGONE at the Gallatin School, director Kristin Horton.
- Oct 29-30: Workshop of THE DANGEROUS HOUSE OF PRETTY MBANE with InterAct Theatre, Philadelphia
- Oct 19-14: Production of BYERS & CELLARS in Youngblood's 10-minute play festival: Asking For Trouble.
- September 4-27: Residency at the Millay Colony in NY, to work on THE DANGEROUS HOUSE OF PRETTY MBANE
- Aug 25, 7 pm: Reading of MARVIN, ON THE LOOSE, commissioned by Abingdon Theatre Company. Reading held at Christ Church Bay Ridge, 7301 Ridge Boulevard, Brooklyn, NY
- August 5-10: Residency with Actor's Theatre of Charlotte in NC for a staged reading of STILL in the nuVoices Festival.
- Aug 2-5: Reading of STILL, winner of the 2012 Jane Chambers Award, at the ATHE Conference in Washington DC
- July 1-31: Travel in Peru
- June 21-24: On retreat with Partial Comfort Productions, workshopping WINK (director Tamara Fisch)
June 18, 7:30pm - Reading of THREE DREAMS IN THE HOUSE OF THE SLEEPLESS
Red Bull Festival (director GT Upchurch)
June 12 - June 17, 2012 — Playwrights Realm alumni workshop of THE HUNTERS.
Culminating in an in-house reading June 17th. (Contact me if you're interested in being added to the guest list.)
June 13, at 9 pm — Bloodworks reading of THE HUNTERS at Ensemble Studio Theatre
Featuring Jake & Jeff Manabat, directed by Jessi D. Hill
May 24 - June 9, 2012 — World Premiere of AKARUI with Cleveland Public Theatre
dir. Raymond Bobgan
At the end of the world, DJ Akarui spins beats that summon the lost, the desperate, and the dangerous. Anything is possible if you're willing to give up everything.
May 20 - June 3 — Residency at the New Harmony Project
Public reading of ALL THE ROADS HOME on May 29th.
May 8 - 9, 2012 — Workshop of ALL THE ROADS HOME with Lisa Szolovits
May 3 - 12, 2012 — Production of one-act NOTES ON DROWNING
April 10, 2012: STILL
Staged reading of STILL with the University of Iowa Theatre Dept and the Oberman Center, Iowa City. 7:00 p.m, Cosmo Catalano Studio, Theatre Building. Directed by Meredith Alexander.
April 25, 2012: THE HUNTERS
Staged reading of THE HUNTERS with Leviathan Lab, NYC. Featuring Jake & Jeff Manabat, directed by Jessi Hill.
March 2-11, 2012 — MIA
At Riverside Theatre's Walking the Wire Festival, Iowa City
March 11 — WHALE 52
Production of WHALE 52 at EST/ Youngblood's Sloan Science Brunch, Sunday March 11 @ 1 pm. Come for the pancakes, bacon, (young)bloody marys, and the one-acts.
Monday Feb 27, 7pm — Reading of PHOEBE IN WINTER at New Georges.
The Room, 520 Eighth Avenue, Suite 326 (at 36th St)
When Phoebe arrives at the door of three brothers, she accuses them of killing her own three brothers, and demands that they become her new family instead. As she changes the structure of their family, a war that was once far away now threatens to re-ignite inside their home.
Feb 15 — Roundtable Reading of "Phoebe In Winter"
The Lark, Feb 15, 2012.
Jan-Feb — Residency at the MacDowell Colony, New Hampshire
Jan 26 — "Lex Before Marriage"
A one-act commissioned by Red Fern Theatre Company, part of their Created Equal Festival. Running Jan 26-February 12. Tickets ($25) may be purchased online at www.redferntheatre.org or by calling 866-811-4111.
Interact Theatre / NNPN Commission
Nov 21 — "Humbaba"
Staged reading of "And Humbaba Came From His Strong House of Cedar" with The Brick, Monday Nov 21. Come out to Brooklyn to watch two heroes and a monster wrestle with their darkest impulses in an ever-changing cedar forest. Directed by Jeff Lewonczyk.
Nov 6 — "The Last Virgin" in Youngblood's Virginity Brunch @ EST.
Show up ready for pancakes, eggs, and virgins.
A staged reading of short play selected for Abingdon Theatre's Benefit Challenge Series. Two readings, one at 6:30 and one at 8:30.
October 9-17: Life of Discovery China/America Exchange
From June through July of 2011, I was a member of the US delegation for China/America Writers Exchange through the Iowa International Writers Program. This October, the second half of the China Exchange program will take place in Chicago and Iowa City, culminating in a night of public readings in Iowa City.
"Buyer's Remorse" in the Youngblood/EST 10-Minute Play Festival ASKING FOR TROUBLE, directed by Mike Donahue. Series A performs Wed 10/5 @ 7pm, Fri 9/7 @ 11pm, Sat 9/8 @ 5pm.
Upcoming production thru September with The Playwrights Realm at The Cherry Lane Theatre. Directed by Katherine Kovner.